Monday, January 19, 2009

I love to register!

So one of the best parts of getting married was registering at some of our favorite stores.  For those of you who have not experienced this yet, this is how it goes:

step 1: tell an employee you want to register at their store
step 2: they say OK
step 3: They give you a scanner (looks a lot like a laser gun or something)
step 4: You shoot every item that looks even close to cool with your scanner
step 5: Receive gifts that are awesome

It doesn't really get any better!  I registered for a big screen tv, an xbox 360, an ipod . . . i didn't get any of them, but it was still fun to register :)

Now . . . this being my prior experience with registering for gifts, I got really excited when Karyss reminded me that we needed to make a baby registry.  Naturally, I thought this would be just as fun and I would probably want to have a lot of babies, just so i could register over and over again.

However, I can promise you that trying to pick the right design and weight limitations for a car seat, crip, pack n play (i had no idea what that was before yesterday), and sink bath (seriously??) is not nearly as fun as registering for a big screen tv.  We were at the store for about an hour and I was about to explode.  There is NOTHING cool in a baby store . . . at least not for the dad!

But alas, I have a lot to learn.  I have a feeling that is what life is going to be like in just a few short months . . . pray for me :)