Friday, January 16, 2009

5 year plan?

I was hanging out with some great friends last night in the spa just talking about all sorts of things going on in our lives, and one of them asked me what my 5 year plan was . . . or where i wanted to be in 5 years.  I was shocked that I really didn't have a good answer.

I came up with something to say that was true, but it was so vague.  I feel like right now I don't have the "luxury" of a 5 year plan when Karyss and I have to take it one day at a time.  But I found myself challenged by this question and challenged to really evaluate the goal setting in my life.

I've always been a more rational, in the moment, short term thinker.  It works to my advantage in getting things done in the short term, but I also know that is something that will hold me back from ever reaching my dreams.  Is this justified?  Am I just making excuses?  I don't really know the answers to those questions . . .