Monday, July 28, 2008

Goodbye Grandpa



Yesterday morning at 6:30am my grandpa went to be with Jesus.

I know he is telling "Cecil" jokes in heaven and nobody can understand what he is saying because of his Bajan accent.

I wish that everyone would have had a chance to get to know him . . . I wish that I would have known him better.

The stories he would tell (true or not) could capture anyone, and they always ended with a punch line that left your side splitting. Beyond his humor, was an incredibly deep and committed love for my grandma. Karyss and I got to see them just two years ago when we were on our honeymoon and it was so much fun to watch them interact. Grandpa would make a joke towards grandma and she would pretend to be annoyed, but you could tell she absolutely loved having all of grandpa's attention.

And even beyond that love was a love for the Lord. He has done so many things in his life to further the Kingdom of God. Building a church from the ground -- up in Barbados (his home country) is only one of the many things my grandpa will be remembered for forever.

I think that these two pictures really give a glimpse into the heart of who my grandpa was.



He absolutely loved life(being very patriotic on the fourth of July), not taking anything too seriously . . . and he loved his grandchildren(and great-grandchildren).

Grandpa, we will all miss you and we mourn our loss, but we celebrate your victory!